Sunday, October 26, 2008

Procrastination is My Middle Name - April 3, 2008

Thursday, April 03, 2008


Procrastination is My Middle Name
Current mood: angsty

/proʊˈkræstəˌneɪt, prə-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[proh-kras-tuh-neyt, pruh-] -nat·ed, -nat·ing.
–verb (used without object) –verb (used with object)

1. To put off till another day or time; defer; delay


[Origin: 1580–90; < L prōcrāstinātus (ptp. of prōcrāstināre to put off until tomorrow, equiv. to prō- pro-1 + -crāstināre, deriv. of crāstinus of tomorrow; crās tomorrow + -tinus suffix forming adjs. from temporal advs.); see -ate1]





Yes, I am guilty of the above, and especially when it comes to moving. I would much rather stick knitting needles in my right ear than pack my things and move. Okay, I exaggerate, but not by that much. The irony is that I move so often. Someone once said to me that there are two types of people that live in New York; those who move every year to two years (that’s me), and those who stay in their apartment longer than the average cockroach family. Now, if I hate moving so much, why would I subject myself to such torture? An answer, I do not have. It must be in my blood.

That all being said, I did start some preliminary packing today. Over the years, I’ve noticed that I sort of have a pattern when it comes to packing my stuff. I tend to pack all of the little knick-knacky things first, and then the books. CDs, vinyl, kitchen stuff, and clothes seem to go into boxes/bags last, because lord only knows when I’m going to need access to that Fall box-set. Oh, and speaking of CDs, this time around there is one more step to my moving process. I need to burn all of my CDs to my computer, a daunting task to say the least.

Once again, I am doomed. Where are those knitting needles? I couldn’t have packed them away already.




11:51 AM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

No comments: